Our Mission & Vision
- Worship & Prayer: Providing a Christ centered worship where children, youth and adults may find an atmosphere of celebration, renewal, fellowship and healing.
- Education & Nurture: Providing and encouraging the spiritual development of our children, youth and adults in a safe, caring and educational environment.
- Fellowship: Providing and promoting an atmosphere of love and understanding, while fostering relationships within a Christian environment.
- Evangelism: Providing and creating opportunities for people to accept the love of God and commit their lives to Jesus Christ.
- Service & Mission: Providing missional service to our local and distant neighbors in need, through individual or collective activities that bring comfort and relief in the name of Jesus Christ.
Pastor Ric, Senior Pastor
Pastor Ric’s ministry vision is “Enabling people to come alive together in Christ so that together we may live as shining beacons of God’s love in and for the world.” Pastor Ric has served at West Hartford United Methodist Church for nineteen years. Pastor Ric grew up in Long Island and graduated from Duke University.
Pastor Alden C. Barnes, Associate Pastor
The Rev. Alden C. Barnes was born and educated in Bridgeport, CT and was a member of Golden Hill UMC.
During his pastorates he has always been actively involved in the community on various boards and in the local hospitals. He was a member of the Cancer Care Team and the Chaplaincy of the Greenwich Hospital and on the Board of Directors to Utilize Senior Energy.
Rev. Barnes and his wife, Helen, have three daughters.